The Meaning Movement is a podcast about transitioning from a "regular job" to more meaningful work, produced by Dan Cumberland. I met Dan at Yeah Field Trip in California in February. I met a lot of amazing people at the 5-day event (it was intense), and Dan was one of those guys that I hit it off easy with. Dan was kind enough to follow up in July by inviting me onto his podcast.
From the Podcast website:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How I became an artist for a living, despite failing art in school
- The importance of giving ourselves permission to pursue things we’re drawn to
- The power of choice and self-paced learning in helping me thrive after high school
- The value of starting early but also the importance of appreciating our own process and journey
- Why I believes you need to know what is driving you even when you aren’t sure of the next steps in the journey
- How I stay motivated and the most beautiful parts of the job for me
- The reason it’s important to embrace our difference, lean into what makes you unique and own your voice
- My advice to people who are feeling stuck
- Why I keep testing and testing to figure out what lights me up
- The power of community and meeting new people to drive change in your life
Please have a listen — and be sure to review the podcast on iTunes!